Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CALL OF DUTY 2 graphics issues that should not EXIST!

• Please log in to reply

Sleeperkid

Sleeperkid

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am running Microsoft Windos XP 2000 on an AMD ATHLON Dual Core Processor (4400+) with 2 GB of DDR-400 RAM...along with the latest Nvidia drivers for my eVGA 256-P2-N527-AX Geforce 7800GTX 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Graphics Card. These all run off an ASUS A8N-SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard.

Finally, I just purcheased a Dell 2405FP 24 inch flat panel monitor that runs HD games in 16:10.

Here's my issue.

Games like F.E.A.R., Battelefield 2, and Half-Life 2 run at FULL settings (HALF LIFE 2 runs on 16:10 with full anti-aliasing and anisotropic settings and looks amazing) with nary a glitch on this system (not a surprise, considering the specs). However, I can't run COD 2 on MEDIUM settings without the game skipping frames and stuttering. I went so far as to completely remove the antialiasing settings and setting the filtering to trilineal and still got poor gameplay on multiple servers for the last few days. I should not have any problems on simple bilineal/trilineal filtering settings for this game, yet I do!

Is this a COD 2 issue alone? Are there compatibility problems I am not aware of? I am planning on puchasing a second 7800 GTX and using my SLI ports for double card power...but I'd still like to know why this game SPECIFICALLY can't seem to run even CLOSE to high settings on a system I spent a lot of money on to do so.

Any help????

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Set the core affinity for COD2 so that it only runs on one of your cores, you can do it in task manager.

What a word nary i havent heard that in ages, its either a typo or your scottish.

Also SLI isnt double its usually more like 60% in alot of cases, although it depends its never 100% 70 is the best you can hope for really.

Sleeperkid

Sleeperkid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks. Can I get a more exact set of instructions on how to set to a single core?

As for "Nary"....I just read a lot. LOL.

Sleeperkid

Sleeperkid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
That helped a little...but I still can't get above trilineal filtering before stuttering again, which should not be happening with my system specs. Could it be an issue with the COD2 engine?