Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Utility & Narrarator Keep Opening

• Please log in to reply

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
especially the RIGHT SHIFT key

Advertisements

FritoPei

FritoPei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

it almost sounds like you have a key stuck on the keyboard....can you see one?

Do you have a different keyboard you can attach?

OK, it doesn't appear to be a stuck ke as I have gone over every one of them without a hitch and as for the 2 keyboards I have on hand I can't use either, one is a wireless and I don't want to try to install the software and the other is non-USB...the laptop in question only has USB ports to use :tazz:

Since that one flare up while logged on as the Admin in Safe Mode, it has not happened again and I am able to use MS Word, and enter URLs to get around the web without incident......

During that episode while in Admin the Run box had opened and the letter "uiop" appeared in the dialog box....which were the same letters in the strings that kept appearing in the navigation bar earlier.

I really can not thank you all enough for trying to help me with this....could this be the work of some malware or possibly corrupt Windows files????

FritoPei

FritoPei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

especially the RIGHT SHIFT key

HOLY MOLEY!!!!!!!!!!

I just hit the right shift key (again) and there goes the whole process!!!!!!!!!!!! Interesting......should i get a replacement keyboard for this laptop from HP ????? Got all the windows closed and the beeping to stop and tried AGAIN and nothing this time.....weird!!!!!

I can't believe it was something this simple!!!!!

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Holding The right key shift for (3 seconds I think) will activate some accessibility features.

I would say that if it is not the key that is stuck, it is the underlying mechanism beneath the key cap.

I would replace the keyboard

FritoPei

FritoPei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Just wanted to thank you for all your help.....As per the warranty on this laptop I needed to send the laptop back to HP for repair....according to them it was the HDD causing my problem....so, they replaced the HDD...so far so good!

Thanks again for all the help!!!!!!!! :tazz: