Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB 4Port Hub won't work!

• Please log in to reply

huffy5595

huffy5595

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Have a 4Port USB hub I am trying to connect to my Dell Latitude C640 laptop. When I plug it in it searches for a Cayman 3300 Series USB network interface and can't find the driver apparently. It asks for the CD but there is no install CD, supposed to just be plug and play I thought. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi huffy5595...

Apparently, you machine is seeing the hub as a DSL modem... :tazz:

Have you tried using the wizard's option to install it manually or select it from a list?

wannabe1

huffy5595

huffy5595

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
My laptop only has one USB port, so I have a USB connection for my DSL modem, and also my HP Printer. Am trying to leave them connected without having to keep removing the connectors back and forth. I think I found how to install the drivers I was having trouble with, but when I plug the DSL modem into the hub it shows disconnected on the network connections icon. When I unplug the hub and plug the DSL connector directly into the port when I click on connect it goes right in, but it won't work when I am plugged in using the port to put the DSL modem USB connector in.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Has your machine detected and installed the hub before you plug the DSL modem into it. It won't be a powered port until the machine installs it. This would explain the modem not connecting when connected to the hub.

huffy5595

huffy5595

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes, it appears that the hub is identified and shows working properly, but when I plug in the DSL connector it tries to show it as a LAN connection and won't work

huffy5595

huffy5595

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Sorry for the slow response, but when I unplugged the hub and DSL connectors, it somehow added another network connection and I couldn't get the regular DSL connection to connect again. Now I can't delete the extra Network connection thaqt was somehow set up!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
What does the Device Manager show? Any yellow ! or ?