Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

free AND easy remote access?

• Please log in to reply

NicePen

NicePen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I have been trying to figure out how to get remote access setup on a few computers and I have only had some luck with one (mine as a host) so far. I think my problem has been NAT Firewalls (?) or firewalls that I don't know how to configure in the cable modems (not the routers but the modems...) That is more of a side note and will probably come up later.

I will be using this software to repair computers that belong to people I have never met before and most of the time don't know anything about computers. So with that I would like to find software out there that is free, at least to my customer if not myself as well, AND has little or better yet, almost no setup on their end.

I've looked around the forums and found info on setting up lots of different programs for this but they are not really what I'm looking for and I have already tried most of this stuff and havn't had any luck. Thank you for any knowledge you share with me. And please remember, I like free:)

Enjoy your days,

Aaron

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
remote access should work, we are using it at work now with great success. however there are issues on the end users side that can cause problems.

I highly recomend vnc, however it does require the router to be configured for it.
netmeeting is also a viable alternative.