Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adding an RSS site to "My Space" profile

• Please log in to reply

jgladieux

jgladieux

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Okay....I want to add an RSS link to my MY Space profile http://www1.myspace.com/jgladieux but can't quite figure it out. :tazz:

Advertisements

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
if nobody knows i'll just ask tom (the creater), he's my friend

mr. winfrey

mr. winfrey

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
He is everyone's friend.

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
no, i mean i know him personally

mr. winfrey

mr. winfrey

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
You're legit then.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

if nobody knows i'll just ask tom (the creater), he's my friend

This is an old post, but would like to know if you got your question of a RSS link resolved? If you got it resolved, would you please post back to this thread so everyone knows how you did it? Or I'll try to help you with this if you have not resolved the problem.

Ron

jgladieux

jgladieux

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
nope nothing yet :tazz:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi:

Sorry for not getting back sooner. Still did not get RSS feed setup for you to use. Been working on two sites and have one Proposal going.

While I work on this, please check this link and see if it will help do what you want:

Free RSS Parser

If memory serves me right, and it usually doesn't, I think I used this once before for a PC World Magazine feed.

I'm surprised someone else hasn't stepped in with help, too, by now.

Ron

jgladieux

jgladieux

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey, thanks for the link....If mySpace used Java or PHP I would have no problem but since the use HTML and DHTML it didn't work. :tazz:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi:

Think you were too quick to brush this site off. I went there and created a RSS Feed for PC World Magazine in less than 5 minutes. Put it in a HTML document and it works fine.

Example of RSS Feed

I didn't bother to take the time to clean it up and put it in a proper container, etc. This is just an example of a very quick RSS Feed made using the site previously given.

I chose to use JavaScript instead of PHP although my site can use it. Just be sure to read their useage policy of the script.

Let me know if this will get you started.

BTW, your site had several errors and warnings. I would suggest cleaning up these and checking validation for both the home page and CSS used. Didn't check for problems on your other pages.

Ron

Forgot I had done one for PC World a couple of years ago:

Second and Similar RSS Feed

Edited by Major Payne, 03 March 2006 - 11:14 PM.