Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB flash not recognized

• Please log in to reply

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
08 – nes66 – [Flash Drive not recognized]
29th MARCH 2006

That is – [Great News] – Thanks for the – [Feedback] – I will further pursue this information – As of now there have been over 1K of Viewers – looking at this thread – So you have helped a lot of people by just posting back this solution –

Looking back & reviewing your Post – I should have followed up – on your – Original Malware Post – I will have the – [Malware Techs] – review this info - and notify the – [Hardware Techs] – of this info as well – They probably were included in those 1K Viewers & have already observed this solution –

Thanks again for the – [Feedback] –

Jack123

Advertisements

Rinohawk

Rinohawk

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there !!!

I have exacltly the same problem as nes66.

I tried with the solution suggested by aussiesteve, the system recognize the usb flash drive but it will not been show in explorer.

Then I tried to go to the link suggested by nes66, but it doesn't work.

Does anyone can help me??

For the moment I can mount the flash, then opening disk manager I assign it a letter (G:) and then I simply right click on the G: drive (still in disk manager), I choose "open" and I can use the disk contents.

If I open a new explorer session the drive is still invisible!!!
:whistling:

Suggestions?
:blink:

Edited by Rinohawk, 26 June 2006 - 12:00 PM.

Rinohawk

Rinohawk

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have still the same problem.

I tried several things but without any success.
I recognized that in the ControlPanel>System>Hardware>Device Manager, after showing hidden devices, I saw two lines:
- General Purpose USB Driver (ADILDR.SYS)
- NEC PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller

Those lines have a yellow Exlamation mark, double clicking one of the two and going in DRIVER tag i saw that the Service is Stopped; when I tried to run the service I got the error message "Impossible to find specified file"
for the ADILDR.SYS and "Impossible to run the service. Service is disabled or any active device is associated" for the NEC PCI to USB.

It is maybe something wrong in my system?
I recently reinstalled XP over the old installation to fix a scanner sw problem that was always crashing, now the scanner (USB) works fine, but my flash USB drives and the Camera USB are not recognized by Explorer.

HELPPPP !!!!!!!!!

PeterPann

PeterPann

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello
I had exactly the same problem as nes66 described above. The solution worked for my Jetflash drive, but a new problem appeared:
I also have a TEAC HD2U80/KIT 80Gb USB drive, that - after renaming the files secdrv.sys, sptd.sys - cannot be recognized! Connecting this drive to my PC, the 'New hardware installation' icon appears in the taskbar and after a few seconds I receive the message that the new hardware is not installed properly.
As expected then, the drive is not present in Windows explorer and Computer management\Disk management.

Any ideas to solve this problem?

ps. I was searching for many days to find a solution for the problem with JetFlash drive. Thank you!!