Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

(not) Repairing Xp mounted on Raid 0 S-ata divers

• Please log in to reply

mmmoohya

mmmoohya

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Motherboard Asus A7n8x_e deluxe
operating system Windows Xp Home Edition mounted on Raid 0 serial Ata 120 gb (each) Barracuda drivers
+ a storage eide 80gb disk.
After a home blackout the operating system doens't start anyy longer with the following message (i translated it) : It's not possible ti start Windows because \windows\system32\config\system is missing or corrupted.

It is possible to repair a Windows installation by using the Recovery console.

At this point i'm due to reboot the pc using the original copy of XP HE

it could be useful to note that at the boot the pc recognized the Silicon Image Sata Raid 3112 4.2.27, and that the configuration sata raid panel shows no conflicts.

Asked to press F6 to install scsi drivers i follow the instruction (S to install the Via Serial Ata COntroller XP) and when the recovery console prompts the C> unit i see is the first partition of the Eide storage disk.
No S-ata drivers visibile, no chance to recover anything.

In the same way, if i try to reinstall Xp the S-ata drivers remain invisible....
Shall I suicide or there's a little hope :tazz:

Thank you

Advertisements

mmmoohya

mmmoohya

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well, I made a big mistake.... the s-ata drivers were uncorrect... now using the SIS ones i can operate with the recovery console...
I launched a chkdsk, and some clusters appeat to be bad....
should i reinstall windows xp?

thanks again

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
http://support.micro...om/?kbid=307545 try that