Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No internet activity, yet no errors

• Please log in to reply

Nemesis Enforcer

Nemesis Enforcer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A few weeks ago I got a Linksys wireless G router for my home. I have 2 computers in the house, and on the weekends up to 4. My main computer is hardwired to the router and the others use the wireless.

I use a cable modem and the firmware on the router has been upgraded. The problem here is the internet will work for a while and then cease to work for everyone including the hardwired computer. No one gets any errors or messages stating that the connection has been lost, in fact, everyone's computer still says the connection is fine and with the wireless it states that the connection is excellent. At first I thought it might be a windows thing, but my friend has an I-book and this happens to him as well. So I'll unplug the router for like ten seconds (which then tells everyone their connection is disconnected) and plug it back in and everything works fine. I have to do this about 3 times a day or more.

I also called my ISP to see what they were reading and everything read fine.

This is a pain in the butt and I was wondering if anyone had any advice for fixing this problem.

Advertisements

king kong

king kong

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
thats what my isp sayed today

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hi Nemesis Enforcer,

Please goto Start --> Run --> type EVENTVWR and press OK --> Now, look under the System log for any errors and/or warnings. If you find any, please post the relevant heading, along with the details inside by double clicking on the error/warning, and then copy/pasting the information from within.

Thanks,
Dan.