Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Should my website let customers know the origin of the goods?

• Please log in to reply

bigpato

bigpato

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hiya,
I have a website selling stone products made in Vietnam, that are shipped from source direct to the customers door. At the moment I let readers know where they are made and show pictures of workers carving the goods. I have been advised to do this so that people can see that they are original goods carved from genuine stone rather than molded copies from a cast (and also so people can see that they are not made by children in a sweatshop) I have also been advised to conceal the fact that they are made in Vietnam so as to let people think that they are made in the UK.
I really dont know whats the best option to take so if anybody has any advice, itd be much appreciated.
Thanks
Mat Paton
http://www.stonelove.co.uk

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
I think you are doing the right thing. People who need to hide things look shady and I wouldnt do business with them.

ScHwErV :tazz:

mr. winfrey

mr. winfrey

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

I think you are doing the right thing. People who need to hide things look shady and I wouldnt do business with them.

ScHwErV :tazz:

I agree.