Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bizzare problem, can you help?

• Please log in to reply

Thomas.

Thomas.

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello,

So theres this one PC game i play alot, its Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX.

I have been using a really old Microsoft Sidewinder gamepad whilst playing this game for years with no problems what so ever. I decide the pad has come to the end of its life, and purchase a little box which converts a Playstation 2 joypad into a pc controller. The new joypad configures and installs itself fine, and all the buttons work. But not in Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX.

The controller config screen looks like this:
Posted Image
So i go through each command and assign a button to it. In theory, the game should save these controls so i can play with the new buttons, but it doesn't. I go to play a game, and the controls havn't saved, so i go back to the config screen and it just looks the same as the image above.

So i then just assume that the game is too old to be played with this kind of thing, and revert back to my old gamepad. But it just does the same thing, the game just seems to be ruined. I dont understand it.

I have tried re-installing the game with no luck. The only thing that can i think of, is that the disk is scratched quite badly. But this never posed a problem before.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Try the gamepad with the latest drivers if you have them, just google it.

Install these drivers then retry, thats all I could suggest..