Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

typing and active window deactivates...arghhhhhhh

• Please log in to reply

angry boy

angry boy

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi there,

As i type in word or explorer or many programmes, if I don't pay attention, I look up and find that my active window deactivated itself and all my typing was wasted. This is happeening more and more often and I have no idea what it is about. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
laptop or desktop?

angry boy

angry boy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
it is a laptop
that now is dented :tazz:

sony viao

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
hehe dented is usually not a good thing....

gonna sound bad...but...i have this issue on an occasion...it's usually because my fat thumb hits the touch pad while i type....try disabeling the touch pad and see if the issue continues

angry boy

angry boy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
will try that
but i actually sat this morning and did not have my hands near it and watched my word document go from active to inactive without me even touching the computer

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
if the sensitivity is too high, even tapping the wrist rest can result in this...

angry boy

angry boy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
even with the touch pad disabled it is still doing it.

i watch a word document sit as the active window and in a few minutes of just looking at my computer it stops being active(the window is not highlited and the curser disappears) and this is me just looking at the computer without even touching anything.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are you holding your mouth correctly? maybe it doesn't like being eyeballed?...sorry...just kidding..

this one's a little funky...so may take a little bit to figure it out

that now is dented

why?

also...can you ATATCH (not post) a hijack this log to your next post?

angry boy

angry boy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
man not sure how to hijack
dented keyboard happened after the onset of difficulties. first day of not smoking. typing and not looking and then realizind it was all lost because my word document was sitting there inactive....rage
a small punch to the keyboard...which now looks like a wave .

it is not oonly word. Any application left active seems to deactivate (not sure if i am even using the right words)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

a small punch to the keyboard...which now looks like a wave

been there....probably not gonna help hehe

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html go there...and look at step five...follow all the instructions...except...instead of this "Copy the entire contents of the Notepad file that opened, and paste it into your post." actually attatch the text file that hjt creates..i believe it creates the file as a .log file by default...so you will have to change that to .txt

angry boy

angry boy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
was not allowed to attach the text file so here it is

edited out log and made into atatchment

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you do have a couple of things in there

Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.