Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

rumer

• Please log in to reply

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
FGM, You mean virtual memory, right? That's certainly a possibility, but I doubt that's the real reason for them crashing so much. I have the premium and it's crashed before, so I doubt that's the real reason. The fact is the 360 was rushed through production, so there's bound to be some problems. So far, I think MS has handled everything VERY well.

Advertisements

FGM

FGM

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
pagefileing and virtual memory are the same thing are they not. And my premium has never crashed..Yet

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

pagefileing and virtual memory are the same thing are they not. And my premium has never crashed..Yet

I think they are, but I've never heard it called that. Yours will crash eventually. It seems to be running a slightly more stable version of win95 :tazz:

RyanHess

RyanHess

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

So far, I think MS has handled everything VERY well.

i cannot agree more ... i bought a premium console when it came out, and ive only had two minor problems

the first is that the headset stopped working ... i phoned microsoft and they delivered a new one to my door within a week, and i didnt even have to send the broken one to them first

the second problem is the crashing. I find that it only happens when i open the xbox guide at an inconvenient time (i.e. during online play or during loading) which is a minor problem, just avoid opening it when stated

but i would definately recommend an Xbox 360 console to any gamers out there, the games run smooth and involve you in the action, and the achievments add a whole new level to gaming enjoyment, and one of the most innovative things i think the thing has done is the marketplace. you can download FREE demos of new games that have come out, so you can try them before you buy them (i have the Top Spin 2 Demo downloading whilst im typing this message!) and the arcade games are fun. Sure you have to pay for a lot of the content, but if you dont want to splash out, there is plenty of free stuff. and for anyone allready owning the console, i hear that there is about 30 playable demos coming onto the marketplace from monday, and hours of game trailers and footage (including Halo 3 i believe ...), this is all because of the E3 convention thingy, so clear up some space on your HD and get ready for some long waits ... =P

unearth203

unearth203

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

There are two levels of XBox 360, the Core and premium packages. The premium system, which retails for $399.99, comes with a hard drive, a wireless controller, a headset for voice chat over XBox Live, a cable that allows you to hook it up to an HDTV, and an ethernet cable. The core system, which retails for $299.99, only has a wired controller and a regular TV cable. You can still play DVDs and music CDs on the Core system, but you can't do anything else unless you get the hard drive, which if you are planning on getting on top of the core system would be a waste. The hard drive retails for $99.99, which makes it MORE expensive than the premium system. Also, you can't play any old XBox games or do anything on XBox live without it. Basically, don't waste your time with the Core system. It's a huge waste of money.

actually viper you are missing one thing the core system also lacks some cosmetic features too like the chrome disc tray and eject button

Upgrade

Upgrade

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

actually viper you are missing one thing the core system also lacks some cosmetic features too like the chrome disc tray and eject button

No eject button... oh my... :whistling:

Heh, seriously I just think its funny how you can read things a slightly diff way sometimes and get a new meaning out of it.

The hard drive that sells for $99.99 is also a bit bigger then the 20 GB one that comes with the unit.

I love the thing, then again I am console gammer.

I have an Atari (4 port backwards compatible model I was lucky enough to find at a garage sale) two NES (neither work), a SNES, Sega Master System, Genesis (with 32x and sega cd), Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, Jaguar (with CD), N64, PS, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360.

I am looking to fill in the holes in systems. Anyone got anything to help. I got cash, well mostly change (darn poor paying jobs in high cost of living area!) But I think I can afford something every now and again. If I stop bying 360 games that is.

Edited by Upgrade, 01 September 2006 - 12:02 AM.