Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Icons disappearing, folder views changing

• Please log in to reply

Wayne86

Wayne86

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Recently, when I am in a folder I will be clicking items and then all of a sudden the blue pane that is usually in the folder (the ones that has quick tasks in it and information on the file) has just disappeared and I cannot get it back. When I go to thumbnail view, sometimes I can see the folder name under the picture, but most of the time I cannot. If I go to empty recycle bin, there is no picture in there, just text. Programs that usually have a logo, such as Java, no longer has the java logo on it, it just has the blue box of an .exe. program. When I click on the arrow to expand the show hidden icons, it shows them then quickly shuts again before I can click on the icon. I am also getting a lot of script errors in Internet Explorer too. If anyone can help me please do! If you need any other information, let me know!

Thanks
Wayne

Edited by Wayne86, 20 February 2006 - 02:33 PM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
awful lot going on here...if you coudl start by following the instructions at the top of the malware forum, then return here after getting a clean bill of health

Wayne86

Wayne86

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
its ok, my computer is working fine now, I managed to fix it :tazz: