Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

burning cd's

• Please log in to reply

kimela

kimela

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I cannot get Windows Media Player to burn music that's in my library, it goes through all the processes of converting the songs and says it's ready to burn but when i hit the burn button it appears to be burning the music but only 1 song with the burn process still going but rests at 35% and goes no further and i have had it go to 100% and complete but with no music on the cd and i have been getting some error messages saying either cd is dirty and need cleaning or change cd, i've done all that and still nothing. Can somebody please :tazz:

Edited by kimela, 20 February 2006 - 02:51 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If you are using the windows XP cd burning program it is the poorest excuse for a program you can get. Buy a copy of Nero burning rom off ebay for around $10 and you should have no more problems with burning cd's.

SRX660

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You don't even need to buy it. You probably already have a copy of Nero either on CD or already installed.

kimela

kimela

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you. But guess what - i had bought the new Nero and installed it and tried again to burn some music and still had the same problems, i thought maybe it may have been my drive as well so i had a new one put in and still no results so i had it put back in, i'm pretty much still learning about computers but is a fast learner with certain things regarding it but i just can't figure this one out and i really don't want to have someone look at it yet which may end up happening if i can't get it together, i hadn't even burned any cds in a good while and still had music leftover that i wanted to burn, the last time i really burned anything was back in Oct of last year and hadn't burned since, that's why i can't understand what the problem is - do anyone think i may have accidently deleted an important file or something somewhere?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
can you burn files by putting a new blank cd in, and then dragging them to the cd, and clicking "write these files" now?