Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 Computers, How to Receive Same Mail on Both

• Please log in to reply

thegabster

thegabster

• Pip
  • 1 posts
We have a laptop with Windows XP on it and a MAC PowerBook with OS10. ISP is Frontiernet.net and we have one email account. We want to keep only one email account but be able to see the same mail on both machines and not have it where if one person deletes mail; it deletes mail from the other. I don't know enough about how this all works to know what will work or won't work but I did get it to work but only by enabling web mail through the ISP but I don't view the mail there - we view it on each machine. We are able to do everything we want to: viewing the mail on each machine, one person deleting mail from their machine, does not delete it from the other, etc. The problem is that the quota we are allowed fills up in less than a week and I have to go to the web mail all the time and delete all the mail out of there. I admit I am totally confused by all this stuff and don't understand how this works for us to begin with. My assumption is that if I receive mail in from the MAC and the laptop it is bringing it in off the server and allows for a copy to both machines. When I delete the mail out on web mail once a week it doesn't affect anything that we have loaded on our individual machines. Question: Is there anyway to set it up with our 2 different machines where the mail can be received on both machines and the actions done to the mail on one will not affect the other without using Web Mail? Thank you!

Advertisements