Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spyfalcon,SpyAxe,Desktop Hijack, WinHound, 8 worms

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

caliberjane

caliberjane

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[size=3] I have AVG free edition, Spybot Search and Destroy and downloaded these others from the suggestions of bleepingcomputer.com; Ccleaner, Ad-aware, Spyware Blaster and was unable to download Windows Defender because my Windows XP is not legit.
Neither AVG or Spybot S&D dectected anything when I ran the scan. It was those pop-ups and my browser freezing and the fact that SpyFalcon pop-up that made me search this ?program.
The problem also is that I have a Firefox browser. There is not much info for Firefox and malware.

From bleepingcomputer.com suggested to do this: start in Safemode and run all the software installed. Reboot.
Nothing was cleaned. They also proposed to go to you for "extensive fix".

Then on your site did the recommendation to removing the spyware, unfortunately Panda ActiveScan is not
compatible with FireFox. After running EWIDO, rebooting. There was no pop-ups, my speed increased, went on the interenet to find out if all was okay....did re-scanning, nothing was coming up. Went to MicroTrend and did
a scan which indicated my Windows Media Player needed a patch and I needed security patch 1 and 2.

Today as I clicked the internet icon, EWIDO found again: Hijacker.spyaxe. Came to this site and downloaded
Spyware Detector, it has found all of the above indicated but I am unable to quarantine until I pay for this service (damned if I pay over the interent now!).

I have downloaded HiJack This and it is sitting on my desktop waiting for instructions from you.
I am new to this site (being a member now), but have always come here to look at problems and answers.
Thanks.
Caliberjane

Advertisements

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
While we understand that you may not have been aware, your copy of Windows is not legitimate. Unfortunately, we are unable to help you any further on this site, as we have a strict policy we adhere to in only helping people who have legitmate copies of Windows. Thank you for understanding.