Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Files beginning with letter Q disapear

• Please log in to reply

WeedBag

WeedBag

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello I hope you can help me with my problem as it has baffled me and I have googled and googled and found no help.

My problem is that all my files begining with the letter Q are dissapearing. It began with all my music from the band Queen. I have tried ripping these tracks back onto my computer but they disapear. Quicktime disapeared, and I have tried several methods (apple.com,torrent, p2p..) to download the installer but the file is gone as soon as the download ends. Also, when I try to name a folder with the beginning letter being Q it vanishes as well. I have updated and run my scanners (Ad-Aware, AVG, Trojan Hunter, Avast, Spybot S&D, cswshredder, Bazooka) but my system is clean of malware, what is causing this?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
you are infected with a varient of the backdoor trojan haxdoor. This program hides Q files to protect itself from your deleting it.

Please visit the malware forum, follow the instructions at the top, and then post a hijackthis log THERE with a thread titled "Likely haxdoor trojan infection"

reference this thread if you want