Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Solution to the Battlefield 2 Memory.dll Problem

• Please log in to reply

Dess

Dess

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys, I simply had to do this as a sign of gratitude to my clan buddy in BF2 who helped me sort out my system to play BF2 from patch v1.12 and beyond. I feel I owe it to the rest of the world to help ppl out who had the very same problem that I had. Anyways this is how he solved it.

Assume you bought the retail version of battlefield 2, I reckon that the copy you bought would be v.1.02. Now a mistake i realised that i made and probably every other person made was simply to seek out patch v1.12 and apply it. Now, if your G-card is not on the support list provided by Ea/Dice, applying the patch v1.12 would only result in the memory.dll problem and the insane issue where nothing makes sense.

To solve this problem, my clan buddy insisted i dloaded patch v1.03 and v1.12 and install them one after the other. To be honest with you, I thought he was just wasting my time and that battlefiled 2 would simply crash again when i try to load a map. Anyways; I indeed dloaded both patches and applied them one after the other. At first i did a test run with v1.03 just to be sure and indeed it worked; this was quite a relief. So I then decided to install or apply patch v1.12 to finish the task. At this point I was filled with anxiety and adrenaline, I began to hope that this whole experiment would work.

I load up bf2, attempted a connect to my clan server and watched the map load screen like a nutter. The load indeed started well, then went up to 15% then the wierd 46% then it went on to the clincher; the 65% of [bleep] [a name i dubbed after seeing bf2 crash so many times] so at this point for almost 2 minutes the map loader did not move. I seriously thought bf2 would crash again and I resigned to that possibility; but then something extreme happened; the loaded jumped to 72% and then BAM~! i was in! client was verified and I was in playing Kubra Dam with my clan members.

Incase you are not interested in reading all that drama what you need to do is simply to install each of the patch one after the other instead of jumping, e.g.

v1.02>>>>>>>>>>>v1.03>>>>>>>>v1.12>>>>>>>>>>v1.2>>>>>>>>[beyond]

I know it sounds too simple that it would work but this is exactly what i did and am playing bf2 now without the memory.dll insane issue. I will try to post this same solution to other forums to help out ppl who google a solution. No one should ever be barred from playing this beautiful game. See ya on the field ppl, hopefully you'll be trying to dodge my bullets, hopefully ^^.

Incase you want my system specs, they are:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Asus AV8E-SE
256mb GTO2 Sapphire Radeon ATI
1 gb of RAM

Feel free to ask questions.

Courtesy of the Blind Snipers. www.bsclan.nl

Advertisements

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
bout time!

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Thanks for sharing the tip!

xsimonk

xsimonk

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I donno what you mean... i've the 1.41 patch..

xsimonk

xsimonk

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Yeah, i've fixed this issue re-appling the bf2 1.41 full patch. But now i've a new bug: i'm playing online and 20-30 minutes later (or less) the game closes without error messages. So the only thing i can say is: "What the fu*k?"
I've the original game, and no, i've not applied the crack. Ok, yes i've applied it before but the game was a problem so i've re-installed it without the crack (i think the crack is needed for don't brake the cd, there's a law that tell to the producer the game must run without the cd, but these producer fu*k those laws and fu*k we, too..)
SO NOW, i've the original game runs with cd, patch 1.41 full, punkbuster and all that i need. I've not gamespy cuz the name says more.. i tihnk gamespy is like steam, maybe. But that's not the problem, the problem is: i'm the only one have this error or there's other men that has it? PLEASE, really, help me!!
Thanks,
SimonK