Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IPOD Sync problem . . . possibly?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

rb19

rb19

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I've purchased a 60gb Ipod Video. The first thing I did was attempt to rip a dvd, using dvd-decrypter and then convert it into an mpeg4. I've used cucusoft, videora, and xilisoft for the conversion. I found that videora was too slow and I didn't have a key for cucusoft and so I mainly use xilisoft. The problem I'm having is when I watch the movie. Whenever I select a movie in the Ipod, it begins to play fine. However, after a half a minute, it stalls for about 5 seconds. After which it resumes playing, without audio. If I rewind or forward the movie for 5 secs or more, it works and then stalls 30 secs later. This occurs multiple times, until it eventually begins working for the rest of the movie as normal. This is my second Ipod, the first 60gb, I thought was problematic for that exact reason, so I exchanged it and now I have the same problem. I've tried using various different movies, and also, the Mpeg4 plays perfectly fine on my computer. Not sure what to do now, can anyone help?

Advertisements

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
Hi,

Help can not be provided on this issue as it involves in the assisting of illegal activity. Using DVD Descypter to rip a DVD is in violation of international copyright laws as well as intellectual copyright laws. It is against the rules of this site to assist in any such activity, Sorry.

rb19

rb19

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
According to international copyright laws, it is not illegal to create a duplication of a disc that you have purchased, unless it is in the interests of solicitation to others. Much like how prostitution is legal, however the solicitation component is not. Therefore the use of a program such as dvd-decrypter is legal, unless I plan to give it to others. However, I only plan on using this for myself. So. . . can I get some help?

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
i have the same problem mate, i think it's just mpeg-4 files. it does exacly what you said and i used ImTOO DVD Ripper to rip the dvd to avi then comverted it with videora

ozdonut

ozdonut

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I Have exactly the same problem .... When I first got the iPOD there was no problem, but since updating the software (Jan 10 Update) to version 1.1, I have the same problem.

I'm thining about downgrading the firmware to see if that fixes it.

BTW - I've had a problem since I first got the iPod where I can't put it to sleep after watching a video - either using the SLEEp menu function or press & hold Pause / Play key - I have to plaqy a few seconds of Music first, then it works.... any ideas ?

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
ozdonut

after wathcing a video go back to the main menu and it will say ipod where the time should be. wait about 2 seconds until it shows the time at the top. then you can turn it off by holding play/pause

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
Yes DVD Decryptor is illegal,:

check the Digital Millennium Copyright Act:

http://thomas.loc.go...5ShAG5i:e11962:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader