Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer makes no sound after it goes to sleep

• Please log in to reply

Wtoad

Wtoad

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
Well the title pretty much describes it, the computer goes to sleep, when you wake it up it makes no noise, whether its windows media, real player, anything off of the internet, or cd player. Nothing works! So you have to restart the computer then it works again until it falls asleep. And then once again the sound doesnt work. Any ideas?? Im racking my brain over this one! Thanks for the help i appreciate it -Kurt

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Wtoad...

Actually, the solution may be as simple as updated sound card drivers. Check the manufacturer's website.

Try this for a workaround. Wake the card up...it may be asleep. Seriously. Go to "Sounds and Audio Devices" in Control Panel, click on the "Volume" tab, and move the slider in either direction or select and then deselect the "Mute" check box. "Apply" the change and click "Ok".

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 20 February 2006 - 07:46 PM.

Wtoad

Wtoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Well the soundcard waking up thing didnt work....

Wtoad

Wtoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
and i just looked @ the downloads for it on the emachines website and all it has is this... http://www.emachines...ies&model=T6410

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
:tazz: Don't laugh...that does really work in some cases.... :)

Try updating the drivers.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Download Everest Home Edition, run it, save a report, and attach it to you next post. The E-machines support Department is long on department and short on support. I'll see if I can help you round up some fresh drivers.

wannabe1

Wtoad

Wtoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Sorry it takes so long its my gf's computer that im tryin 2 do this 4 and she lives about 2 hours away so i have 2 relay everythign 2 her because shes computer stupid we r tryin though

Wtoad

Wtoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
r ya there?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Yup...I'm around here somewhere... :tazz:

Wtoad

Wtoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Well sorry, she wussed out, she said shes afraid to download all that stuff on her computer... sorry 4 wasten ur time man i really am.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
You can tell her that Everest is a small program, it's easily removed, is absolutely malware free, and all it does is list all the system information we need to trace down drivers and such. She might like it so much she'll end up keeping it. :tazz: