Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Damage by WIN32/NSAG Virus [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

BLC

BLC

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I recently joined and my first post was due to problems I was having with wininet.dll. The WIN32/NSAG virus had ended up in the file and AVG removed the file to the virus vault. It is unhealable.

After completing the post, I tried to download a version from the internet. It did not work. I then copied the file from another computer we have and downloaded to the infected computer. After rebooting, I received the following message" The procedure entry point SHRegGetValue could not be located in the dynamic link library SHLWARI.dll.

I logged into my e-mail from another computer and found a message from Coachwife6. Thank you very much for replying. I followed the instructions unsuccessfully. I suspect I screwed things up with the copying of the file from the other computer and perhaps the proposed fix was no longer valid. I cannot remove this file as it says it is currently running.

I ran Hijack This per instructions. Below are the results of the log file.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:46:59 PM, on 2/20/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupd...b?1104520227687
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Welcome to GTG.

We need to replace that wininet.dll file with the proper version from your computer. Hopefully that file is backed up somewhere else so it can be replaced. Do the below:

We'll need to transport some files from the computer you are now using, to your infected computer.

Download smitRem.zip and save the file to your desktop.
Right click on the file and extract it to it's own folder on the desktop.
So you'll get a new folder called smitrem on your desktop.
I want you to put that folder on cd, floppy or usb-stick.

On your infected computer, boot again in safe mode and open your task manager again.
Now insert the cd, floppy or usb-stick where you saved the smitrem folder in your infected computer.

In your Task Manager, click 'applications' (first tab).
Click the New Task button.
Cick browse.

Now browse to the drive where your floppy, usb-stick or cd is present (could be A or D or E or F.. you'll see..)
Search for that smitrem folder.
Right click on the smitrem folder and choose: Copy

Now browse again via Task Manager to My Documents or Program Files.
Right click somewhere in there, right click and choose: Paste
Now open the smitrem folder you just copied and pasted and click the file: RunThis.bat
Then click open.
In the window where it says 'Create new task', click OK.

Normally, you'll have to drag the different windows you'll see to left or to right, because normally they will open on top of each other and you wont see the command window the tool starts that is under it.
You'll see a blue window now.
Follow the prompts on screen.
Wait for the tool to complete.

When done, in Task Manager, click 'shut down' from the menu on top and click restart. Your computer will reboot now.
Reboot to normal mode and post a hijackthis log in your next reply.

BLC

BLC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thank you greyknight 17.

I followed your instructions and still had the same problem. I ran it twice to make sure. Following is the Hihack log.

Scan saved at 11:52:23 PM, on 2/23/2006

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupd...b?1104520227687
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
OK, boot up with your Windows XP CD. Load it up...

Choose to repair Windows using the Recovery Console. Enter password when asked. Then at the prompt, type in the following:

X:\i386\wininet.dl_ c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll

where X is the letter of your cd drive. Just to make sure it's the correct cd drive, do a dir X: and see if you can see the files on the CD (like the i386 folder). Remember, replace X with the letter of the CD drive. After the word wininet.dl_, there is a SPACE after that followed by c:\window\ssystem32\wininet.dll.

See if that can repair it. It should copy the file over. Restart by hitting ctrl+alt+del and take out the CD.

BLC

BLC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I have a problem. The computer came with Windows XP already loaded. I never received the CD.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
OK, we have no choice....

Is that wininet.dll file still in the AVG virus vault? If it is, can you recover it? Let it loose...:tazz:

Copy that wininet.dll file to a blank floppy drive also. We'll delete it later on if everything is ok.

Do this:

Go to Start->Run and type in notepad and hit OK. Then copy and paste the following into Notepad:

copy c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll c:\
del copy.bat

Save the file as "copy.bat". Make sure to save it with the quotes. Double click on it.

Reboot. Scan the desktop folder with eTrust Web Scanner at http://www3.ca.com/s...sinfo/scan.aspx. When done, make sure the box is checked for wininet.dll and click cure.

Go to Start->Run and type in notepad and hit OK. Then copy and paste the following into Notepad:

del c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll
del c:\windows\system32\oleadm.dll
del c:\windows\system32\oleext.dll
copy c:\wininet.dll c:\windows\system32
del delete.bat

Save the file as "delete.bat". Make sure to save it with the quotes. Double click on it.

BLC

BLC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I managed to get the winint.dll file restored and back on the sytem. :tazz: I cannot get access to the internet to run the program you suggested.Everytime I try, the virus warning pops up. The virus name is Win/Nsag.

Before this move I could not use system restore. I can use it now, but it won't let me go back far enough.

:)

Edited by BLC, 25 February 2006 - 09:50 PM.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Did the CA site cure wininet.dll file?

See if you can go online after running this:
Download WinsockFix http://www.greyknigh.../WinsockFix.zip and unzip it. Then double click on WinsockFix.exe to run it.

If not, download Ewido (see below) on another computer and burn the install file onto a CD. Use that CD to install Ewido on this computer.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should 'not' have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Please download Ewido Security Suite at http://www.ewido.net/en/download/.

1. Install Ewido Security Suite.
2. When installing, under 'Additional Options' uncheck:
* Install background guard
* Install scan via context menu
3. Launch Ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop, double click it.
4. The program will now open to the main screen.
5. When you run Ewido for the first time, you will get a warning 'Database could not be found!'. Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
6. You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files.
* On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
* Then click on Start Update.
7. The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed. The status bar at the bottom will display 'Update successful'.
8. Exit Ewido. DO NOT scan yet.

If you are having problems with the updater, you can go to http://www.ewido.net...wnload/updates/ to update manually.

Download CleanUp! http://cleanup.stevengould.org/ (Alternate Link if main link don't work - http://www.greyknigh...spy/CleanUp.exe ) and install it. Don't run it yet.

Restart your computer and boot into Safe Mode (if you don't know how, go to http://www.bleepingc...showtutorial=61 ).

CleanUp! deletes EVERYTHING out of your temp/temporary folders, it does not make backups. If you have any documents or programs that are saved in any Temporary Folders, please make a backup of these before running CleanUp!. Run CleanUp! and click on the Options button. Uncheck 'Scan local drives for temporary files'. Also uncheck those two Newsgroup entries if you don't want to delete them. Click OK and then click on the CleanUp! button. Let it run. After it's done, choose Yes to logoff.

Now open Ewido and do a scan on your system.

* Click on scanner.
* Click on 'Complete System Scan' and the scan will begin.
* While the scan is in progress you will be prompted to clean the first infected file it finds. Choose 'Remove', then put a check next to 'Perform action on all infections' in the left corner of the box so you don't have to sit and watch Ewido the whole time. Click OK.
Exit Ewido when it's done.
* Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named 'Save report'.
* Click 'Save report'.
* Save the report to your desktop.

Restart your computer to get back to Normal Mode. Post the Ewido report and a new HijackThis log here.

BLC

BLC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
The winint.dll is back on, with the virus.

I downloaded your winsock to a floppy disc on an uninfected computer, downloaded it on the infected computer, and ran it - twice. The AVG virus popped up notifying me of a virus in winint.dll. I clicked on ignore. Still no access to the internet.

I am going to have to download the ewido program from my work computer as this machine does not have a burner. I will then download it onto the affected machine and run it, but that won't be until Monday night.

Am I still on track? :tazz:

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Yes, that's ok.

Just to get everything ready, download smitrem again at http://noahdfear.gee.../click.php?id=1 and save that on a CD also. I want you to do the steps exactly as I posted above, but for this smitrem file, unzip it right after you do the CleanUp scan...(before the Ewido) in safe mode. So unzip it and you should see a folder called smitRem on your desktop. Open it up and double click on RunThis. Let it complete all the scans (do not stop it, unless it takes ridiculously long, maybe over a few hours without doing anything). It should run Disk Cleanup last and after that's done, you should be ready to continue...

Advertisements

BLC

BLC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Some good news. The computer is now responding and seems to be functioning properly. However I have one file WININET.dll and one wininet.old that still has the virus. How do I handle this file?

I could not believe the amount of temporay files that were deleted when I ran Clean Up.

I now have a number of programs downloaded that were used during the clean up process. Which ones do you recommend I keep and which ones should I delete?

Is there anything else I should do?

Here is the hijack log.

Scan saved at 11:40:21 PM, on 2/27/2006

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe

O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe

The Ewido log is below.

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido anti-malware - Scan report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 11:37:14 PM, 2/27/2006
+ Report-Checksum: 1B942B6E

+ Scan result:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_0c76&Pid_0005\27C03740D3208989\\Class -> Adware.RXToolbar : Error during cleaning
C:\Documents and Settings\bruce\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

I await your reply before making any more moves.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Is that wininet.dll file the same one with the virus, but cured? Better yet, give me the smitrem log file. It's at c:\smitfiles.txt.

Programs to keep? Which programs did you get? I see Ewido and I know you have CleanUp. You may keep both of those. Ewido will work with AVG, so no conflicts :tazz:

Check and fix these in HijackThis:

regedit /a report.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_0c76&Pid_0005\27C03740D3208989"
notepad report.txt
del report.txt
del delete.bat

Save the file as "delete.bat". Make sure to save it with the quotes. Double click on it to run it. A notepad file should open up. Post it here.

BLC

BLC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Got your message.

1. The winint.old still had the virus in it. I did not remove it pending your advice.

2. I deleted the two items.

3. Here is the Hijack This notepad

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe

4. Here is the "delete.bat" notepad

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_0c76&Pid_0005\27C03740D3208989]
"DeviceDesc"="USB Mass Storage Device"
"LocationInformation"="DataTraveler 2.0"
"Capabilities"=dword:00000014
"UINumber"=dword:00000000
"HardwareID"=hex(7):55,53,42,5c,56,69,64,5f,30,63,37,36,26,50,69,64,5f,30,30,\
30,35,26,52,65,76,5f,30,31,30,30,00,55,53,42,5c,56,69,64,5f,30,63,37,36,26,\
50,69,64,5f,30,30,30,35,00,00
"CompatibleIDs"=hex(7):55,53,42,5c,43,6c,61,73,73,5f,30,38,26,53,75,62,43,6c,\
61,73,73,5f,30,36,26,50,72,6f,74,5f,35,30,00,55,53,42,5c,43,6c,61,73,73,5f,\
30,38,26,53,75,62,43,6c,61,73,73,5f,30,36,00,55,53,42,5c,43,6c,61,73,73,5f,\
"ClassGUID"="{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}"
"Class"="USB"
"Driver"="{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}\\0008"
"Mfg"="Compatible USB storage device"
"Service"="USBSTOR"
"ConfigFlags"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_0c76&Pid_0005\27C03740D3208989\Device Parameters]
"ExtPropDescSemaphore"=dword:00000001
"SymbolicName"="\\??\\USB#Vid_0c76&Pid_0005#27C03740D3208989#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_0c76&Pid_0005\27C03740D3208989\LogConf]

5. Here is the SmitFiles text

smitRem © log file
version 2.8

by noahdfear

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
The current date is: Tue 02/28/2006
The current time is: 22:08:54.84

Running from
C:\Program Files\smitRem

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pre-run SharedTask Export

(GetSTS.exe) SharedTaskScheduler exporter by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
Copyright© 2006 BleepingComputer.com

Registry Pseudo-Format Mode (Not a valid reg file):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler]
"{438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1}"="Browseui preloader"
"{8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030}"="Component Categories cache daemon"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1}\InProcServer32]
@="%SystemRoot%\System32\browseui.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030}\InProcServer32]

checking for ShudderLTD key

ShudderLTD key not present!

checking for PSGuard.com key

PSGuard.com key not present!

checking for WinHound.com key

WinHound.com key not present!

spyaxe uninstaller NOT present
Winhound uninstaller NOT present
SpywareStrike uninstaller NOT present

Existing Pre-run Files

~~~ Program Files ~~~

~~~ Shortcuts ~~~

~~~ Favorites ~~~

~~~ system32 folder ~~~

~~~ Icons in System32 ~~~

~~~ Windows directory ~~~

~~~ Drive root ~~~

~~~ Miscellaneous Files/folders ~~~

Command Line Process Viewer/Killer/Suspender for Windows NT/2000/XP V2.03
Copyright© 2002-2003 [email protected]
Killing PID 2680 'explorer.exe'
Killing PID 2680 'explorer.exe'

Starting registry repairs

Registry repairs complete

SharedTask Export after registry fix

(GetSTS.exe) SharedTaskScheduler exporter by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
Copyright© 2006 BleepingComputer.com

Registry Pseudo-Format Mode (Not a valid reg file):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler]
"{438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1}"="Browseui preloader"
"{8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030}"="Component Categories cache daemon"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1}\InProcServer32]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030}\InProcServer32]

Deleting files

Remaining Post-run Files

~~~ Program Files ~~~

~~~ Shortcuts ~~~

~~~ Favorites ~~~

~~~ system32 folder ~~~

~~~ Icons in System32 ~~~

~~~ Windows directory ~~~

~~~ Drive root ~~~

~~~ Miscellaneous Files/folders ~~~

~~~ Wininet.dll ~~~

CLEAN! :tazz:

I think I have done everything. Let me know.

BLC

BLC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
The following programs are still on my computer. All are in my " C" drive

1. Hijack This.
2. AVG7QT ( dat file )
3. A version ( file ) of winint.dll
4. Clean Up 4.0
5. Winsock Fix
6. Smitrun
7. Ewido

You have already suggested I keep Clean Up and Ewido.

I also have Spybot - Search and Destroy.

Anything that I should delete?

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Ewido you may keep if you wish...it becomes free version afer 14 days. Otherwise you may uninstall it if you don't like it.

Delete WinsockFix, smitrem and that bad wininet.dll file. Keep Spybot and run it regularly (weekly with updates).

Delete the wininet.old in system32 folder.

Leave that AVG7QT.DAT file...

Your log is clean.

To help prevent future spyware infections, read the Anti-Spyware Tutorial and use the tools provided.

Are there any problems now? If not, you should be set to go.