Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't get past Adware scan

• Please log in to reply

deanerb15

deanerb15

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I am a new user and this is my third post. I ran the Hijack this program first and posted it before reading the "Before you post, do this" section. So, I went ahead and downloaded the Lavasoft Adware program. I followed your directions on how to set it up and then ran the scan. About halfway through, I get a blue critical error screen. It says "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down." It says something about BIOS vendor etc... Then I get:

STOP: 0x0000008E, 0x0000005, 0x0000005D, 0xF5E53CAO, and 0x00000000

Any suggestions? I am assuming I can't move forward with the other steps until this is complete.

Advertisements

deanerb15

deanerb15

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue above? I keep getting kicked off my computer...