Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble setting up dual panoramic monitor display

• Please log in to reply

Nickster64

Nickster64

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, I am looking to run a panoramic dual monitor setup with my IBM Thinkpad X20 laptop. I have a docking station, its part number is IBM 08N1180, but I do not believe I can run a monitor display from it.

However, my laptop itself has a HD15F connector in the back. The 2 monitors I will be using use HD15M connectors. What options do I have to run a panoramic dual monitor display with my system?

I've heard of HD15F splitters which sound promising, would these be any help?

Thanks, I am looking forward to hearing your input,

-Nick

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
pretty sure you are not going to be able to use a typical splitter to make a panaramic display--the splitter will split a signal and show something on two monitors but there is nothing in their function to allow a panoramic display

instead, you need that function built into the videocard, typically with two outputs

Nickster64

Nickster64

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the reply! Any recommendations as to what video card I should purchase for my Thinkpad X20. The model is a bit older and is running XP Professional, has 320 mb RAM, and a Pentium 3 500MHZ processor.

Or perhaps there is something I can buy to install in my docking station?

Thanks for the input,

-Nick