Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CD/DVD Driver Problem

• Please log in to reply

SunnydaleSpike

SunnydaleSpike

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi all,
I am having problems with my CD/DVD burner drive. I checked the Windows troubleshooter and searched some topics here on the forums, but none of those attempts corrected the problems. I uninstalled the driver and restarted to no avail. I have this drive since I purchased my PC nearly a year ago and it has always work correctly. I checked the IDE cables to make sure nothing was loose, and also the drive knows what in the tray (icon reads "CDR/DVD-R" etc. when I put in a new disc) but when I click the drive it shows the error message:
"E:\ is not accessible, Incorrect Function"
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Ryan

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
http://support.micro...kb;EN-US;315350 <---see if you match any of the criteria here

if not..try this
Right-Click on the drive w/ the problem
Properties
Recording Tab
and then check the "Enable CD Recording On This Drive" box.

SunnydaleSpike

SunnydaleSpike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Problem solved with the "Enable CD Recording" tab.
I have no idea how that became disabled...

Thanks!