Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dialer Instant Access

• Please log in to reply

akin123

akin123

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I've had a problem with dialer instant access for some time now. Symantec detects msclock32.dll, a trojan virus. It says the file is deleted but a few minutes later it comes back. I have also tried Spy-bot and Ewido and they give the same result. Is there any way to get rid of this?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

akin123

akin123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I used the program vundofix in the malware section. After saying yes to delete infected files, my computer shut down as expected. Since it shut down I have not been able to get back into Windows. My computer goes to initial load screen where it has F2 for setup, and F12 for boot menu, and keeps starting over and repeating this screen.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I am checking with the author of the fix...will report back

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
fyi - user has post in malware as well
http://www.geekstogo...topic=98970&hl=

akin123

akin123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have the Windows XP disk, is there anyway I could replace these files using that disk. Im pretty sure the files that were erased were from WINDOWS/system.....

Thanks for your help

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
let's wait until the author comments please

Atribune

Atribune

HijackThis Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 956 posts
  • MVP
Hmmm VundoFix has never caused that before. Can you boot to safe mode? Reboot the machine and tap F8 repeatedly you should get a menu from the menu choose safe mode. If you manage to get into safe mode can you pleas epost a hijackthis log.

akin123

akin123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Can't reboot into safe mode. I get the same result, the initial XP loading screen continues to keep coming up. I've tried using the Windows XP disk to repair the missing files, but im not given that option. After booting the XP disk and pressing enter to repair files, it goes straight to my lists of partitions. The original problem I had was with WINDOWS\System32\msclock32.dll, are there any files I could copy from the disk and put back on my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.