Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sent infromation on start-up which then yeilds computer to "think

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Edub03

Edub03

• Pip
  • 2 posts
As the title explains, when I start-up windows I receive a short burst of infomation from 64.71.167.118 (netstat). After this information is sent my computer then begins to "search" or "think" for about 15min. If I have a disc in the CD-ROM drive they too will spin up for a bit while they are "searched". After the "thinking" is done my computer will act normally, but throughout the day it will send information to random sites such as www.answers.com, jb8234.fearson.hop.clickbank.net, promo.moviemonster.com, update.firefoxupdatecenter.net, and many others.

I have found a similar case on this website. Here . Like him I was acquired "Spy Sheriff" which gave me a variety of different spyware. His problem was solved by removing the file sysbus32.sys, unfortunatley I don't have this file anywhere on my computer, and I think all my non-plug and play drivers are all legit.

If I disconnect my connection (unplug cable modem) the "searching" process will not start until my computer regains a connection, and the info is sent to my computer.

I've ran Spybot and a few other spyware removal tools (including Windows Defender), and they all tell me that there is not spyware. I've reinstalled Windows and completed all of the Windows updates. Nothing seems to work.

I would like some help :tazz:

Advertisements

Edub03

Edub03

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
bump
help

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
Welcome to GeeksToGo Edub03

My name is MasterJ and I will be helping you with your problem.

As you can see we are very busy here. Sorry for the delay. If you still need help, please go here and follow step five regarding a HijackThis log.

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.