Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anyone know how to get iTunes onto a MOTOROLA ROKR E1 from ME?

• Please log in to reply

TryingToFindTheWords

TryingToFindTheWords

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi :)
I know the topics not very relevant but it's been bothering me how the itunes software cannot be put on the motorola rokr e1 without windows xp or 200 when ipods can with anything.
If anyones got any way of doing this please let me know as soon as.
Thanks in advance :tazz:

Advertisements

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
please re-state your question

are you wondering how to get itunes on windows 98?

drex23

drex23

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 77 posts
If I understand the question correctly, then the answer would be that you cannot use itunes with win ME. It requires Windows 2000 or XP.

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
um drex your wrong,
there is a plug in that you can get for me so that you can use the ipod with it, but you cant use itunes you have to use other apps such as real player...

drex23

drex23

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 77 posts
k why don't you read what I said??? Nothing I said is wrong. They never said whether they even have an ipod only that they have a cell phone to play stuff from itunes, but if they can't use itunes then the phone may not be compatible with the other programs. Maybe there is a way around that, I'm not an expert, I don't know. So I stated a fact, if it helps great, if it doesn't, well it's still true. So, let's just take it easy before we go around telling others they are wrong.

Edited by drex23, 24 February 2006 - 06:28 PM.

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
ye im sorry about that, i should have read more in detail

TryingToFindTheWords

TryingToFindTheWords

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Erm.. :tazz: :)
Thanks for trying to help guys anyways
But i'm umm still unsure about the answers to my question :)
Erm.. So does anyone know if it's possible to put iTunes on a Motorola ROKR E1 from Windows ME or not..?
:) :)

drex23

drex23

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 77 posts
Your question is still a little unclear, but I do believe I answered it, if not please rephrase for clarity. You cannot put itunes onto windows ME, therefore you cannot put music from itunes onto your phone while using ME. If you have a way to use windows 2000 or XP you can use itunes with that and then put the music onto your phone that way. I hope that clears it up. :tazz:

TryingToFindTheWords

TryingToFindTheWords

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks drex :tazz:
But now does anyone know off any online windows XP or 2000 downloads?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

If I understand the question correctly, then the answer would be that you cannot use itunes with win ME. It requires Windows 2000 or XP.

if you can't use itunes on me...then you can't use itunes to transfer to the phone cuz you can't use itunes on me...

drex23

drex23

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 77 posts
Windows 2000 and XP are operating systems like your Windows ME. You need to purchase them on disk (upgrade disk to XP will suffice since you have ME) and install them onto your computer. If you are going to do this make sure your computer is up to the operating requirements for the chosen operating system and do the proper research so you know how to upgrade from ME to XP (make sure your system is clean of malware). Many computers that run ME will not run XP well because they only have 128MB of RAM, which is the bare minimum to run XP, but most people say that 256MB is really advisable for XP. Besides the fact that this forum and I do not talk about illegal use of software, I would advise that you obtain a legit version of the software because you will not be able to obtain security updates from Microsoft otherwise and you leave yourself wide open to malware and intruders. Hope that answers your questions. :tazz:

TryingToFindTheWords

TryingToFindTheWords

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
:tazz: Thanks drex and yes it did
But i know this is getting very annoying for everyone all these questions but how do you check how much MB space your computer has? :)

drex23

drex23

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 77 posts
For Windows ME do this:
Click Start, go to Settings, then click Control Panel
Inside the Control Panel, double-click on System.
It might tell you on the first screen at the bottom,
if not click the Performance tab at the top and it will show you how many mb's you have. :tazz:

TryingToFindTheWords

TryingToFindTheWords

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks drex :)
Looks like i have 256 MB which means im ready to go XP here i come .. i think :tazz: