Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Word

• Please log in to reply

NUTTY2

NUTTY2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey everyone, I'm a new member that really needs help from you guys :tazz:. I am on a laptop ; and my OS is XP. I currently having a problem with Word/Powerpoint/Excel...(2003 Student and Teacher Edition). When i double click the icon, this is the error that comes up.
Winword.exe-application error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc015002). Click on OK to terminate the application.

And..that is it there is just an okay button..nothing else.

I really need help; i've done everything that is on this thread and either it doesn't apply to my system and/ i did it and it didn't work for me..sry

If you guys can i need help ..I need this stuff for my reports for school :)

TYVM

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got all the Microsoft Updates

Microsoft Update

You receive a "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)" error message when you start an Office 2003 program on a Windows XP Professional-based computer

Article ID : 822520

SYMPTOMS
When you start an Office 2003 program on a Microsoft Windows XP Professional-based computer, you may receive the following error message:
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application.

CAUSE

This behavior may occur if you install Office 2003 and Windows XP Service Pack 1a (SP1a) on your computer, and do any of the following:

You upgrade your Windows XP Home-based computer to Windows XP Professional.

You reinstall Windows XP on your computer.

You perform a repair of Windows XP on your computer.

In this scenario, when you start an Office 2003 program, you may receive the error message that is described in the "Symptoms" section.

RESOLUTION

To resolve this behavior, after you upgrade your Windows XP Home-based computer to Windows XP Professional, or you perform a reinstall or repair of Windows XP, reinstall Windows XP SP1a on your computer.

After you reinstall the service pack, restart your computer.

MORE INFORMATION

For additional information about how to obtain the latest Windows XP Service Pack, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322389 http://support.micro...b/322389/EN-US/ How to Obtain the Latest Windows XP Service Pack

For additional information about how to install Windows XP, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
316941 http://support.micro...b/316941/EN-US/ HOW TO: Install Windows XP

For additional information about how to reinstall or repair Windows XP, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
315341 http://support.micro...b/315341/EN-US/ How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APPLIES TO
• Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003
• Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
• Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1a
• Microsoft Windows XP Professional
• Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1a

Joe Blue

Joe Blue

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had the same problem & follwed the suggested solutions links. Problem is, after I clicked "OK" nothing happens on my PC except a display of my
monitor screen pics. The task bar is not showing, the icons that usually are showing is not there. I can move my mouse & I can see the cursor. I can not go to the control panel or to the start menu as there is no icon showing. How can I control now my PC to reinstall the Windows XP?