Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer not working.

• Please log in to reply

SardonicWhisper

SardonicWhisper

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hi :tazz:. Everytime I open IE it loads, but the a script error message pops up and the whole thing closes. The pop-up never finishes loading before it closes, so I don't know what it says. I've tried the two methods reccommended to help get IE working again, but neither of them worked.

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
is there any reason why we should suspect malware? was IE working before and suddently started doing this, if so do you have nay idea what you did right before this happend?

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Welcome to geekstogo,
I don't know what might be going on here, can you please do the following if you havn't already done so. start->control panel->internet options->delete cookies and deleat files. When it asks to remove offline content say yes. See if this helps you out. Please post back whatever the results.
thanx
James

SardonicWhisper

SardonicWhisper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I know I had malware. I had a topic in the Malware forum.

http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=93191

He told me to post here concerning getting IE to work again. My computer is clean now, but IE still won't work.

And yes, I've cleaned my cookies, and everything.

My laptop also keeps shutting down on me after a couple hours, would this be related? AIM won't work either and shuts down too.

memberix

memberix

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
You can download IE from microsoft's site and reinstall

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

You can download IE from microsoft's site and reinstall

ahh no! :tazz: , remeber now windows updates without ie??? its one of microsfts self centered things :) , this is why we need to fix ie, so that he can get updates :)

memberix

memberix

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I said he can download IE from www.microsoft.com and install IE again.
after that IE will be as good as new. What is wrong with that?

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
i thought you said update, sorry

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
by any chance does anything work on your computer that involves the internet?
thanx
James

SardonicWhisper

SardonicWhisper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Only if it's with Mozilla (what I'm using now).

I also can't search in Windows Explorer.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
can you please try this again, http://www.geekstogo...er-60-t251.html
if this doesn't work still i need you to open Internet explorer and tell me exactly what error it is that you are getting so that I or someone else here can assist you.
thanx
James

Edited by james_8970, 24 February 2006 - 03:20 PM.

SardonicWhisper

SardonicWhisper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I tried again and it still wouldn't work. It says that it will request that the Windows XP disc be put in... but that never happens to me. I also found a program called PConPoint which said it would fix any problems with IE. However, halfway through my computer had a blue screen with an error message on it saying that it encountered an error and needs to restart.

As for the error message that pops up when IE closes, I don't know what it says because the part that has the message never finishes loading. It only loads the title which says "Script Error". The rest of the message never loads before IE and the message crash.