Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cant connect to certain games

• Please log in to reply

Bigron30

Bigron30

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello,
I have a 2wire 1070b dsl modem and a airnet Super G wireless modem 108mbps wireless router(AWR014G8/aus). I have configured my modem for no firewall but I am trying to connect to my UT2004 soulkeeper mod and also my troopers ut 2004 mod and I cant connect to any servers(get cannot connect error). Is there a setting in my modem or my router that is blocking me from connecting to these servers?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks ,
Bigron
ps, the pc I am trying to connect on is directly connnected to my modem through my wireless router.

Advertisements

Bigron30

Bigron30

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Just wanted to add I can connect to my ut2004 servers fine

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Routers/modems don't usually prevent these types of connections by default.

Are your servers local or remote? Are you connecting through the in-game browser or by using

Start>Run>ut2004://24.113.45.116:7777 <try that anyway, I may be able to see something in the logs.

:tazz:

Bigron30

Bigron30

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Let me clarify, I can actually connect to UT games fine, but I cant connect to any of the mods that I have installed for the game. Im starting to think this may have nothing to do with my router but maybe something within the game.

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Try posting here.