Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need *YOUR* help

• Please log in to reply

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello everyone. As many of you know, my 16 year old daughter lost her best friend, Evelyn, in a horrible car crash back in September. Evie's death destroyed my daughter, and she is still fighting each and every day to climb back out of the hole that this tragedy put her in. :tazz: She still has occasional nightmares, and still has moments where all she can do is sit and cry.

I am putting together a cd for Ashley. There are some songs that really touch her heart, and make her think of Evie. She likes to listen to them at times she’s quiet and remembering Ev. I know that music can have a huge power to help heal the heart, and that’s what I’m hoping this CD will do. Here are the songs I have so far:

Josh Groban: To Where you Are
Josh Groban: You Raise me Up
Kenny Chesney: Who you’d be Today
Boys II Men: Hard to say Goodbye
Diamond Rio: I Believe
Boys II Men & Mariah Carey: One Sweet Day
SheDaisy: Still Holding out for You
Eric Clapton: Tears in Heaven
Michael W. Smith: Friends
Tim McGraw: My Old Friend
Vanessa Carlton: A Thousand Miles
Beth Neilson Chapman: Say Goodnight (Not Goodbye)
Peter Gabriel: I Grieve

Now, here’s where YOU all come in! :) I need more songs! My mind is drawing a blank right now, but I know darn well there are a TON more songs about people we have loved and lost. What are they and who sings them? Any and all suggestions will be really appreciated. This is for my kiddo, y’all. So it’s important to me to do this, and do it well

Please note: Before anyone can accuse me of it...I will NOT be downloading this music illegally. :) I will be paying for it through Napster, or getting it off of CD"s that I, Ashley or my mom may already have. Thank you.

Edited to update song list

Edited by Kat, 22 February 2006 - 02:46 AM.

Advertisements

tstubbs457

tstubbs457

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
may not apply--
and/or outdated---
but "shelter from the storm" helped me through some hard times years ago--

http://bobdylan.com/songs/shelter.html

punter

punter

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
try staind they have a lot of good song for that matter slower but very powerful on lyrics

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Kat, I'm going through my songs now. Do you mind if I pass this on to my female friends? They'll probably think of better songs than I would.

My thoughts are with you, the girls, and Evie's family.

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles
Garth - The River
Montgomery Gentry - Something to be Proud of
Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band - Dream Big
Tim McGraw - My Old Friend
Nickel Creek - The Lighthouse's Tale
Craig Morgan - I Got You

Thats all I have for now...ill do more thinking :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

Kat, I'm going through my songs now. Do you mind if I pass this on to my female friends? They'll probably think of better songs than I would.

My thoughts are with you, the girls, and Evie's family.

I don't mind at all, Ryan! I'd appreciate all the suggestions I can get! :tazz: Thanks sweetie!

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Its not for everyone but one song that sticks in my head when ever I think of loss or sadness is
Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik album

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
hmm.. I'll see if I can come up with some more.

It's called Love Song by Third Day
(It's a christian band and definitely not my normal music, but it's a really good song)

polopolo

polopolo

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Cutting Crew - (I just) Died in your arms

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
In the blink of an eye - it's Christian rock by Mercy me.

Advertisements

Burton1

Burton1

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
My best of wishes go out to your daughter as I lost my sister. Hope this helps, I mostly listen to Rock but i will do my best.

Kelly Clarksons: Because of You? (not sure)?

Ill Nino: How Can i Live. (Kinda hard rock)

Korn: Coming Undone (Not sure how it helps, but it helped me)

Alter Bridge: Open Your Eyes (Very good song, not sure?)

Korn: When Will This End (I recommend this one, it is kinda hard rock, but have her listen to it and get the words. I believe this will help her as this song has everything to do with the tragedy she faced, if you don't trust me, try it out for your self. Every word basicly has to do with it)

I will look later when i get home as i am thinking of these off the top of my head.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
morphine - a cure for pain - in spite of me
http://www.amazon.co...0466491-8728861 (hopefully that plays for you..as it doesn't for me though i think that may be my firewall settings..if not...go to www.cdnow.com..which is aparently amazon now...serch for morphine...click the "a cure for pain cd" and find the list for that song...)

i listen to that song any time i want to remember my best friend who died a few years ago....he would have absolutely hated that song (not inspired by enough evil)....but...it describes him to a t..
other than that...most of my music is designed to cause depression...not so much fix it..hehehe

edit: http://www.amazon.co...product-details i guess that's a better link..just click the "in spite of me" listen to thing

edit..again..if you listen to that song and don't cry....you're not human

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey,

JAMES BLUNT-YOUR BEAUTIFUL

celine dion-depends on some, im alive

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Anything leonard cohen is appropriatley dreek, some rod stewart worth a mentio but i cant thing of the exact song i remember in my head.

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Kat

here's a reply from one of my friends (I added the [me]). She's the one we talked about one night before my promotion. I did have some more songs, but had to restart and can't find the file I was listing them in :tazz: I'll find it though

collective soul - "the world i know"

i know i am not really a girl to you, but i am website inept, so pass that on to her, trust [me], it is a song to put on there and listen to the words, cmon, it's me,