Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

remote host?- FTP connection problems

• Please log in to reply

tribou1

tribou1

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
whenever i start limewire i get the message that says "LimeWire was unable to initialize the start. This is usually due to a firewall program blocking LimeWire's access to the internet or loopback connections on the local machine. Please allow LimeWire access to the internet and restart LimeWire."

same thing goes for DreamWeaver "The connection to the remote host has been lost."
"Dreamweaver cannot determine the remote server time. The Select Newer and Synchronize commands will not be available."

and none of my FTP clients can connect.
my internet works perfectly fine everywhere else - IE, AIM, MSN, etc.
i haven't made any changes to anything, Limewire and DreamWeaver were working normally last night. all of my firewalls are disabled. how can i fix this?

thanks for any help! i'm just plain confused!

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello and welcome to geekstogo,
I'm sorry to say this however we do not recommend the use of peer to peer networks and are unable to assist you with them.
Sry about this.
thanx
James

Edit: reading your post through i see you mention DreamWeaver, i have never personnaly used the program, does it need internet access to function properly?

Edited by james_8970, 21 February 2006 - 09:36 PM.