Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remove Past Icons from Start Menu

• Please log in to reply

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
I don't like vbscript.

It's being handled by your browser, right click on the file and do a save link as, then download it and run from your desktop. But I really don't like relying on a program like that to do something that's actually a registry edit, but the source does look okay. It's always important to read the source file to make sure its not doing anything else than its intended to, or even better, just do it manually like the knowledgebase suggested. Sometimes MS does get it right :tazz:

Edited by Thef0rce, 23 February 2006 - 07:16 AM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://www.dougknox..../file_assoc.htm

download the VBS file assocaition fix, then run that.

Then run the VBS file

grandpa

grandpa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Hi

Many thanks guys.

Kind regards

Grandpa

PS. I think somewhere I was reading about Tweaks, and that you don't really need ie, Alerter, Net meeting remote, fast user switching and many more turned, however I can't remember where in my computer it said to do these. I think there was some mention of VBS any ideas. ( I can't remeber where I read this)

Hope this makes sense.. Grandpa

Edited by grandpa, 23 February 2006 - 12:46 PM.