Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE shuting down within seconds

• Please log in to reply

Michlos

Michlos

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I am running Xp Pro SP2 and have come across a weird problem. :tazz:

Whenever I try to load IE it will boot up for a second or so but once it has started loading the startpage it just shuts down, no error message or anything like that, just dissapears.

I have noticed that if I click Stop before it can finish loading the first page then it will stay up, but only untill I try to open another page.

I have tried turning off third party plugins as well as trying the System File Checker solution posted in this forum but nada result.

Any idea on this one?

Advertisements

canad1an

canad1an

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
Michlos
There are a few things to try. I had this problem a while back and successfully solved it. After I tried downloading many 'mr. fix it' programs (none of which worked), I went ahead and uninstalled Internet Explorer and reinstalled it. That seemed to work for me. Time has it a year later spyware became a problem and I switched to a better browser. Mozilla Firefox. Much more secure, I hope you make the switch. http://www.mozilla.o...oducts/firefox/