Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adaptec 4 errors

• Please log in to reply

rich su

rich su

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a 01 Dell 4100 Win2000 900GHz w/new Maxtor 250HD (replaced 12/05) and lots of free space. The machine came with Adaptec 4.02d_d5 and the software worked fine up to last year. I did install Easy Creator 7 about 1 yr ago but it appears my system is too limited to handle Easy Creator 7. Concidental on errors for Adaptec? Anyway for the past 1.5 yrs the dropdown screen to capture files on the left fluctuates and is difficult to capture. Once files were captured though I was able to add or drop down selected files to burn a CD. However, just recently the fluctuating ended but another problem developed which is when I burn it 1) states Searching for test files and never gets off 0% so I have to hit cancel then it goes to the next screen which shows that it is recording 2) then when recording gets to 98% it stops in the Closing Session state showing Errors reported by Output device and when I view these errors it shows a) T7121 TrackWriter error - ASPI failure b) T7728 TrackWriter warning - operation continues. One last item is that when I show System Event beginning abt 1.5 yrs I have accumulated abt 100 messages but of substance abt. 10 lately have been for Source Cd Rom showing The device,\Device\CDRom0, has a bad block. Coincidence? Help is appreciated to get the Adaptec 4.02 operating again. Rich Su

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello rich su and welcome to G2G!

It might not have been your PC because EZCD 7 was awful!

First of all I'd try removing EZCD4 and DirectCD4. Then reinstalling them and then installing the patches from the Roxio website.