Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error caused by LSX_MPEG PLAYER

• Please log in to reply

velvet_rose

velvet_rose

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello there :)

I'm having trouble with my My Music folder.Everytime I open it, I get a message from Windows Explorer telling me it has to shut down due to a problem.When I click Send error report ,music folder closes but all my other programmes continue to run.The error report says

"Error caused by LSX_MPEG PLAYER: no specific solution available" this software was created by Ligos Corporation.

I can still play windows media and get to my my music files through media player but it's such a pain.Does anyone know what could be causing my "My Music" folder to keep closing on me.I'm not very pc knowledgeable :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
My guess is you have a file in there that is not a conventional music file. Why types of files, as in extensions are there?

Ligos owns/controls the indeo codec, which is typically useed to open AVI files

Open MY COMPUTER, choose TOOOLS > FOLDER OPTIONS >VIEW, cuncheck HIDE EXTENSIONS OF KNOWN FILE types

Now, open your MUSIC folder, and click on VIEW > DETAILS then click on the column TYPE to sort...list all file types

velvet_rose

velvet_rose

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi ..I unchecked the hide extensions of known files ,then opened My music folder,before it froze on me and I got the usual message I saw that there are only two movie files mpeg.One I have played a few times,the other is incomplete.Could the new mpeg I am downloading be causing the problem ? It's a music video

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
yes

velvet_rose

velvet_rose

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I ran a search for the offending file and deleted it from there quickly just before the search option failed on me ,deleted it from my recycle bin and can now get into my My Music folder!!

Thank you so much for your help :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
:tazz: