Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tabbed browser....

• Please log in to reply

MrBigfeet

MrBigfeet

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Right now I am using IE, even though I hate it so much, but I don't like firefox either, so can you guys recommend me a good tabbed browser? :tazz:

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
opera is now free

http://www.opera.com/

fastest browser on earth. would be using it myself if not for firefox extensions.

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
opera is good, but i dont personally like it, but thats an opion, i whould suggest netscape, it is a tabbed browers, and is IEs antipode. Opera may have some capidibilty issues, many web designers only worry about IE and Netscape but nowadays do think about firefox, opera ussaly gets left out of the mix though.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
that's not to say that nothing works in opera though. Some pages do get rendered awkwardly but for the most part, its a great browser. Some of firefox 1.5's features have actually started taking after opera. for example, the clear private data feature never existed in previous versions and is a very handy way to clean up your tracks on the net with a few clicks but Opera has had that for a very long time. Netscape takes up way too much memory and too much hard disk space, it's been that way since version 7. Opera is a full featured browser in one neat package, and it really is the fastest on earth, I used it on my 56k connection with significant improvements back when I had a 56k connection. So overall, I'd say try them both, but I believe that Opera is definitely the better choice here.