Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Runescape keep shutting off firewall

• Please log in to reply

Bitburger

Bitburger

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
My grand children play runescape on my computer and every time it disables my firewall. Any suggestions on how to stop it. I am running XP.

Thanks in Advance.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i would assume that it's the grandkids turning off the firewall not runescape...how old are these gremlins?

Bitburger

Bitburger

• Topic Starter
  • Validating
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
They are 9 and 14. I never shut the firewall off.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i would assume that in the infinite computer wisdom of childhood....that they couldn't play the game with the firewall on....so they turned it off...i would ask thim if this is the case...and if it is...request that they turn it back on when they are done

Bitburger

Bitburger

• Topic Starter
  • Validating
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
http://www.runescape...ghlite=firewall
I found this a few minutes ago. It post on how people can bypass and do other thing with firewall on runescapecommunity.com.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
BitBurger, are you sure your Router doesn't have a firewall on it, if not there is no point having a firewall on your PC and your Router. If you are using a branded firewall try turning it off and using the Windows firewall for a while.

Bitburger

Bitburger

• Topic Starter
  • Validating
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I am using dial up and am using xp fire wall. Also have norton systems works 2006. It a crazy deal. 9 year old plays runescape and after he is finished Notron tells me to check the firewall.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm gonna stick with my original assumption...that the kids are just turning it off to be able to play the game

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I agree sounds like the trogs are at it.

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
you calling me a trog :)

there are some very intellient 14 yearodls, that could easily disable a firewall, like myself :) . its always so interesting to me helping people twice and 3 times my age :tazz: