Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sony SDM-S75A TFT resolution

• Please log in to reply

Diego8

Diego8

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I have recently bougth a 17'' Sony SDM-S75A TFT monitor.
Its native resolution is 1280x1024 but in that resolution fonts are so thin that they are hard to read, so i lowered the resolution to 1152x864. Now fonts are readable but the quality loss makes them not as sharp as in the native resolution.
I changed font type to bold but i really don't like how windows looks with that type of font.

What should i do?.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
right click the desktop > properties > appearance tab > then on font size...choose large or extra large...whichever suits you best.

Diego8

Diego8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Thank you for your fast reply.
Ok, i did that but fonts are still thiner and a little bit more grey than in the other resolution.

memberix

memberix

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
right click the desktop > properties > appearance tab > click on effect button.
on the menu for "use the following methong to smooth edges of screen font:" select ClearType

Diego8

Diego8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Thanks that solve the problem!!!!.

One last question. Does every TFT monitor have the same problem using the native resolution?.

Edited by Diego8, 22 February 2006 - 07:08 PM.

memberix

memberix

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
It was not a problem. ClearType is the method that should be used on TFT monitors.