Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant Download Anything!

• Please log in to reply

Steven2006

Steven2006

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Whenever I try to download something it stops quarter or half way through. I have no clue what the problem could be it was working fine until a few weeks ago. I have tried everything I can think of to help this but there has been no solution

I'll try to explain what comes up when I download. I get a pop up with two folders with files going from one folder to the other and the % going up. After a while the % stops going up but the files still go across. I have tried waiting a few hours to see if the download finished but it just wont budge.

I am using a secondary connection via router (LAN connection). The admin has recently updated the speed of the connection for both of us. I have also checked for viruses and spyware but nothing has come up.

Please :tazz:

Edited by Steven2006, 22 February 2006 - 06:54 PM.

Advertisements

Steven2006

Steven2006

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
bump

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
bumping threads is unwise, especially on the first page

17 people looked at this thread and were either researching or did not know.

We look at threads with 0 replies first, so by replying you have lessened the chance someone who has not already looked at the thread will look at it. If we notice that you replied to your own thread, most people who reply to their own threads do so to say they found the solution elsewhere.

Those of us who did not view it yet are likely to just pass it by

Finally, for posts on the first page, it is just plain rude and implies that you think you're problem is more important than everyone else's problems. We are all volunteers, we do not sit here 24-7. Your post was made at 8 p.m. last night and in the evening there are fewer people around.

Now,

You said you have the windows animation of papers flying from folder to folder

are you certain that you are not seeing papers flying from a World Globe to Folder?

Can you give an example of a dile you are downloading that is not working?

Steven2006

Steven2006

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Sorry yes it was a globe not a folder.

It's any download I have tried from different websites but it just keeps pausing :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
9 of 10 times, this occurs because you have malware on your pc that is consuming all of your bandwith

Have you visited our malware forum, and run through the instructions at the top?

Steven2006

Steven2006

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi yes I tried the instructions at the top I have spysweeper and AdAware which both searches come up clean.

I have posted my hijack log here

http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=99395

If you see any problems let me know :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
wait until they give you the all clear and then return here