Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Acer Travelmate 800 query

• Please log in to reply

Michael101

Michael101

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
i have an Acer Travelmate 800 series laptop it is 1.6ghz pentium M has 256mg of ram and a 40gb drive i was wondering if you can buy processors for laptops and install them yourself and i can upgrade the ram to 2gig but i only want 1gig does anyone know of any good sites to buy these cheap about $200 thanks

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Try newegg.com for sodimm memory for your laptop. Changing the processor is quite complicated. You will have to take the laptop almost completely apart to get to the cpu. Not a good idea unless you are experienced at doing this. I have destroyed a few laptops just to learn how to take them apart without breaking anything. It is far easier to buy a newer laptop and sell the old one.

SRX660