Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spyware Guard

• Please log in to reply

ddrcloud

ddrcloud

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
The Spyware Guard i just downloaded is acting funny. I rebooted my Computer and a message appear i tryed to fix for about hour then deleted the spyware guard but there are these 2 .dll still left and I cant delete them and the message is still appearing is there a deleting software that i can use or somthing?

Error reading SpywareGuard! This file may be corrupted, or another program may have tampered with them.

Run LiveUpdate to downloadthe latest SpywareGuard definition. This message will appear when you try to strart covered file type unless you disable protection in the SpywareGuard Control Panel.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, then also from system tools, run disc defragmenter

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, (all files will highlight), right click any file, click delete, confirm then reboot.

Download, install and run
Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up disc clean up

Run Tune Up registry clean up

Click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, the screen will lose colour during the process which can take a few minutes and then needs a reboot

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

ddrcloud

ddrcloud

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hey thanks but it still appears i got some screen shots also.

Edited by ddrcloud, 23 February 2006 - 07:31 PM.

ddrcloud

ddrcloud

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
heres the another screen shot of the file that I cant delete. well i have a screen shot but want fit because not enough space on post but the files name are

dlprotect.dll-2.2.0.0-spywareguard download protection
spywareguard.dll-2.2.0.0-spywareguard protection

Edited by ddrcloud, 23 February 2006 - 07:31 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I could not get the bmp to display, try move on boot

http://www.snapfiles...moveonboot.html

drag the files in to the white box

ddrcloud

ddrcloud

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
i cant download anything fromt he internet for some reason.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type msconfig then press enter then start up, look for spyware guard, remove any ticks, click apply and reboot

Can you download this to another PC and run it on yours

http://www.geekstogo...ction=show&id=7

ddrcloud

ddrcloud

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Thanks the message doesnt appear anymore, and i can now delete it from programs folder. Now are u able to help me with my downloading from the internet problem because nobody has sent a reply in the Internet and Brower forum post i put up,If u cant i understand. Thanks again for helping! DDRCLOUD

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The download in post 7 should repair it

ddrcloud

ddrcloud

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
But i cant download it. I cant download anything off the internet because it doesnt show up in the folder after i download something

Attached Files

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is that on this PC

ddrcloud

ddrcloud

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned