Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removing rubbish from PC

• Please log in to reply

Kingy

Kingy

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi, can anyone recommend any good tools for cleaning up the PC, eg. removing old unused program folders, old registry keys and any files left behind after uninstallations etc.

I currently use CCleaner to clean up temporary files and tidy the registry, however I know this is only a basic app and wondered if anyone knew of any better tools.

Suggestions welcomed, cheers Andy :tazz:

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Basic? CCleaner is pretty tough. I use it and recommend it to everyone. I normally don't recommend anything tougher, unless you need to clean up after an infection or something. But if you really want something a bit more thorough, you can use Cleanup.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 23 February 2006 - 11:29 AM.

Kingy

Kingy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
My bad, did not mean to offend CCleaner! :)

That cleanup program didn't do anything much different to CCleaner, guess I'm trying to remove rubbish that isn't there! :tazz: