Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer - Save Picture As... "Access is denied"

• Please log in to reply

tomdrayson

tomdrayson

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Hi, I cannot save pictures from Internet Explorer. I get an "Access is denied" error message AS SOON AS I click "Save Picture As...", please note - NOT when actually choosing the directory in the mini browser and saving to my hard drive, I don't even get that far.
I have done all the usual; spyware scans, virus scans, empty temporary internet files, sfc /scannow, still no resolution.
Thanks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
all sites...or just one specific one?

tomdrayson

tomdrayson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
All sites, every form or image. If I right-click -> Save Picture As... I get that error instantly with an "OK" button. All the other options on the right-click menu work perfectly. There are no other problems with images in Windows (eg. viewing, editing etc) and no other access denied errors.

jelloegg

jelloegg

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This is happening to me too. I think it is a problem with Internet Explorer because this has never happened to me before.

mitchie101

mitchie101

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[b][b]I Had The Same Thing..... If You Restart Your Computer And Then Try Go To Some Random Website And Save A Picture Then It'll Work.... Cause It Did The Same Thing For Me And I Just Though Of Restarting My Laptop And Next Thing I Knew It Worked Perfectly Fine... So Yeah Maybe If You Give That A Try......... :)

La_Bella68

La_Bella68

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am getting this access denied SGOS thing in both Firefox and IE7... tried to restart comp... no luck cant wait to see what the answer to this may be!

La_Bella68

La_Bella68

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am getting this access denied SGOS thing in both Firefox and IE7... tried to restart comp... no luck cant wait to see what the answer to this may be!

La_Bella68

La_Bella68

• Pip
  • 6 posts

La_Bella68

La_Bella68

• Pip
  • 6 posts

spacelion88

spacelion88

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey I am having the exact same problem. I have a Sony vaio laptop and for some reason now I can't save or download ANYTHING from the internet (videos, pictures, email attachments, etc.) I tried restarting my computer with never any luck. This problem started when I installed Macafee Anti Virus Software. I can't see how it's related though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!