I have this one folder in the C drive (C:\Hub Essentials) that is very important to me.
So I have devised a plan to recover it using a new, blank, secondary hard drive, under the assumption that the Hub Essentials was not wiped by the repair installation.
1. I will turn off the computer.
2. Install the new, secondary hard drive.
3. Disconnect the data cable of the old hard drive.
4. Turn on the computer.
5. Insert the Windows XP CD.
5. Press F2, and go to the setup menu.
6. Change the boot sequence, so that it boots via the Windows XP CD. Turn off the old drive in the drives menu.
7. Install Windows XP on the new hard drive.
8. Turn off the computer.
9. Reconnect the data cable of the old hard drive.
10. Turn on computer.
11. Press F2, and go to the setup menu.
12. Turn the old hard drive back on in the drives menu. Change the boot sequence, so it boots via the new hard drive.
13. Load the newly installed Windows XP, and move the files from the old hard drive to the new hard drive.
14. Reformat the old hard drive.
Will my plan work? Are there any discrepancies? Any tips any reminders? Please, I want this to go smoothly and for the investment on a new hard drive to be worthwhile.