Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help i cant open the task manager

• Please log in to reply

buz

buz

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hello

:tazz: someone please help me i cant open the task manager after i got a virus and i receive a message 'the task manager has been disabled by your administrator', how could this be when im the administrator??
does this has something to do with the virus?
i use trend micro pc-cillin and it didnt clean some of the virus it has found then i try to manually remove it but i cant even find where its hiding so what i did is i downloaded another anti virus - avg anti virus and it cleaned like 5 viruses but still, i got a message from trend micro that it detected a virus called SPYW PPNETWORK.B and i dont know how to remove it, maybe this is the one preventing me to open the task manager, if someone can help me i would really appreciate it ,thanks

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi buz! Welcome to G2G!

Please right click this LINK, choose SAVE LINK AS or SAVE TARGET AS, and save it somewhere on your computer where you will remember where it is located. Then find the file on your computer and double-click it to run it. Click YES to the warning: Are you sure you want to add the information in FILE LOCATION HERE\taskmanager.reg to the registry? Then reboot your computer and once rebooted see if you can't get the Task Manager to show now

I also suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum.

Fenor