Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Replacing 98 with 2000

• Please log in to reply

lostincomputer

lostincomputer

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I apologize if I'm in the wrong Topic label, I'm new, Couldn't resolve my last issue so I'm ready to upgrade, plz help me if You can

Advertisements

Zan

Zan

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Just a thought, but a lot of people think ME and/or 2000 are not an upgrade if you are having problems. I work on a 98se and ME computer and he can have his ever error producing/crashing ME. If you're going to upgrade go for xp. It solves most problems for general use. I've also been told it is great for games.

But....if you are going to do it, you should just be able to put the cd in the drive and boot from disk when it asks. It will do the rest.

lostincomputer

lostincomputer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thank You Zan

I appreciate that I can't go to xp right now all I have is 2000, I'm Lost In My Computer :tazz: im baby steps

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
http://www.geekstogo...topic=99190&hl=

Why would you want to upgrade to Windows 2000 just because you can't install Norton Anti-virus? :) :tazz:

Have you tried installing Avast or AVG, their miles better and free.

lostincomputer

lostincomputer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks Zeus,

Thats what I was gonna do, but I'm still trying to get my problem fixed. Heck I paid for norton, so I want to get my money worth :tazz:.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
I'm assuming that sfc didn't work for you, lostincomputer?