Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Uninstall Panda 2006 Antivirus..

• Please log in to reply

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
:tazz: That didn't work either!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you boot the PC to safe mode then look in programme files for a folder with Panda and move it to my documents, then look in the common files folder (within programme files) for Panda and move anything there to my documents

If you use search, including hidden and system files, do you have any called inicio

Sometimes with move on boot the files are still there after rebooting but can then be removed

Use CCleaner, after moving the folders to my documents

http://www.filehippo...nload_ccleaner/

Run the cleaner, then run scan for issues, press fix selected issues, take the back up option, note where you have saved this to then fix the issues and re-run the scan until no issues show

Another thing to run is Tune Up

Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, then also from system tools, run disc defragmenter

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, (all files will highlight), right click any file, click delete, confirm then reboot.

Download, install and run
Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up disc clean up

Run Tune Up registry clean up

Click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, the screen will lose colour during the process which can take a few minutes and then needs a reboot

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
I did what you said and now I can't get on the internet! What do I do to fix this problem!?!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download this with another PC, save it then load it on to the problem PC

http://www.geekstogo...n=download&id=7

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Thanks that fixed the internet problem...I'm still working on what you said to do with the other stuff.. I'll report back when I'm done.

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Ok, I've ran the Tune-Up app., but since then my internet connection acts like dial-up (very very very slow)! I have a cable modem. My wireless internet connection is acting the same way. I restored the things that tune up did, but it didn't fix the problem. The internet connection was fine until I did the optimize for web downloading and browseing. Could it just be a chance that my ISP is running into problems at the same time, or is the problem being caused by Tune up??????!!!! I tried to use that program that you linked to me too, twice, but it didn't fix the problem either!!!! Please help!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can use these to repair XP

Possibly, you will need to boot the PC and keep tapping the delete key until the PC enters set up. Change the boot order to CD ROM Drive then hard drive, press F10 then press enter, type Y then press enter and as it reboots, look for press any key to load from CD, press enter

XP Repair Install

Or here if you are unable to run XP Repair Install

Alternative XP Repair Install Method

Use Windows Installation CD to repair the current installation, from the list, which uses a slightly different method

Windows XP repair feature won't delete your data, installed programs, personal information, or settings. It just repairs the operating system

After running XP Repair you will need to install all Windows Updates

Microsoft Update

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Ok, I'll try that when I get home. Hopefully, it was just a problem with my ISP. I checked the wireless connection this morning and it was fine.

Btw, sorry that message posted twice, it never took me to a page last night that told me that the message posted, the page just timed out each time.

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Ok Keith, I think it was just an ISP problem, I'm back up and running today. So what should be our next step after Tune Up?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If it still won't let you install because of Panda

Click start then run, type regedit then press enter, click file then export, the dot should be in all for export range, name and save the file to a location which is easy to find, but not included in any folder which will be deleted

Click the + next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER then the + next to software, look for Panda, left click it to highlight, then right click it, click delete, confirm

Return to the main part of the registry editor

Click the + next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then click + next to software, look for Panda, left click to highlight, right click, click delete, confirm, close the registry editor

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file, click delete, confirm

Run disc clean up then reboot

Try the installation

Advertisements

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
I've already got my other software installed, so should I still follow your instructions?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
No, if you have things the way you want then leave them there

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
So what part of your instructions above should I follow? I'm assuming just the ones pertaining to Panda.

Edited by Eneoecu, 02 March 2006 - 06:14 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you have the other software installed, you do not need to do anything

Is the PC running properly

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

If it still won't let you install because of Panda

Click start then run, type regedit then press enter, click file then export, the dot should be in all for export range, name and save the file to a location which is easy to find, but not included in any folder which will be deleted

Click the + next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER then the + next to software, look for Panda, left click it to highlight, then right click it, click delete, confirm

Return to the main part of the registry editor

Click the + next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then click + next to software, look for Panda, left click to highlight, right click, click delete, confirm, close the registry editor

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file, click delete, confirm

Run disc clean up then reboot

Try the installation

But I still have Panda on my computer so don't I need to follow these instructions?