Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Uninstall Panda 2006 Antivirus..

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can, however, the amount of space saved will be minimal and Panda should only get in the way of installing another firewall, as that is no longer an issue, the registry entries can stay, though you can remove them if you want

I would leave them, if you install anything and it says you cannot because of Panda, you know where to find the only remaining references to it

Advertisements

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
But, all I've managed to do is move the Panda folders to my documents..the software is still on my computer, right? I don't see it in the add/remove programs anymore, but it comes up with an error message every time I start Outlook, saying the Panda is not available for use.

Edited by Eneoecu, 03 March 2006 - 08:21 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What did you replace Panda with

Open Word, click help then detect and repair, tick restore shortcuts

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
I didn't replace it with anything, I had another anti-virus already installed.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Detect and repair, using Word will repair the Office programmes

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
I did that, it didn't work, but it did put Panda back on the Add/Remove Programs list.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Does it uninstall

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
No

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open tune up start up manager, if you see any ticks for Panda, remove them and reboot then try Outlook

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
There is nothing there for Panda, it doesn't start up at startup. So, that isn't going to fix the problem...

What I want to know is, how am I going to get the program uninstalled, all we've done is move the folders around. I still have it installed.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can delete the folders and the registry entries as per post 25 for Panda

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Just wanted to let you know that I haven't had the chance to follow your instructions yet. I hope to get around to doing it this weekend, and I'll report back then.

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

If it still won't let you install because of Panda

Click start then run, type regedit then press enter, click file then export, the dot should be in all for export range, name and save the file to a location which is easy to find, but not included in any folder which will be deleted

Click the + next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER then the + next to software, look for Panda, left click it to highlight, then right click it, click delete, confirm

Return to the main part of the registry editor

Click the + next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then click + next to software, look for Panda, left click to highlight, right click, click delete, confirm, close the registry editor

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file, click delete, confirm

Run disc clean up then reboot

Try the installation

Ok Keith, I tried the second part of this post and it gave me an error message and it didn't delete the reg key.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is that the only entry for Panda, including files, on the PC now?

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Yes