Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cd drive

• Please log in to reply

Drafter1010

Drafter1010

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just installed a new DVD RW drive and when I went to install the software my CD drive would not recognize the CD. I then tried some other CD's and the same thing happened. If someone could help me with this matter I would be beyond happy. Thank-You in advance. Drafter1010.

Advertisements

retrac1324

retrac1324

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Try reinstalling your CD drive's drivers. They can be found on the manufacturers website on on a CD included with it.

Drafter1010

Drafter1010

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
:)
Well, I figured it out. I set the jumpers wrong. On my existing CDRW I had it set as master. Which I believe is right. I thought if I set the newly installed DVDRW drive also to master it would be fine. I guess what happened is that setting made xp recognize the CD drive as a digital camera and did not recognize the new DVD drive at all. Wild huh? I do thank you for the post. As Always, Drafter :tazz: